I am excited to start May off with a boatload of fun ways to re-energize your daily technique workout! I received multiple requests for technique tips and a request for a technique plan or calendar. The possibilities are endless with regards to technique, books, schedules, and so on, but with some careful thought and lots of great feedback from Instagram, here is what I came up with!
There are three main parts with corresponding downloads! The first is my own flute-specific workout plan containing my core technique exercises and a breakdown of ways to practice them. Second, a prompt sheet containing ideas to invigorate your technique workout. Third, a 31-day tracker to view your progress!
A video complete with tips and demonstrations of the exercises in the Workout Plan will be shared soon!
1. WORKOUT PLAN
I have nailed down my top 6 most-utilized technique exercises (and some others that I want to bring back into my daily/weekly routine), and have listed several ways to approach them. Embrace the possibilities within each exercise and enjoy the beginner's attitude each new day!
- Taffanel & Gaubert 17 Daily Exercises: Click Here to Purchase from Flute World!
- Reichert 7 Daily Exercises is available to download on IMSLP: Click Here!
- Maquarre Daily Exercises:
Scale Game for Taffanel and Gaubert No. 4:
2. Prompt Sheet
In need of more inspiration for your scales? Use the prompt sheet to change the mood, play in a spectrum of colors, and add ornaments and trills to spice up your daily exercises! This is merely a jumping-off point and a reminder to always be musical!
3. WORKOUT TRACKER
If you're a visual person, the bullet-journal style Workout Tracker will break down your technique menu for the month, providing visual motivation to fill in as many boxes and days as possible!
- Write the name of your exercises in the boxes on the left.
- The numbers 1-31 represent each day in May. Upon completing an exercise, mark the box!
- If you are rotating through exercises, the tracker will make it easier to see which exercise comes next. For example, if time allows only playing the Flat or the Sharp keys, fill in # or b so you'll know which keys to focus on the next day!
- There are lots of spaces to fill this up with anything you'd like to keep track of!
Use #practiceroomrevelations and tag me @JoleneFlute!
Be sure to like PracticeRoomRevelations on Facebook!